Tuesday, February 1, 2011

National Council for Adoption

In November, Jon and I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Washington DC and photograph the National Council for Adoption's Awards Gala. We were so humbled that we were asked to be a part of an event for such a important organization. The party was so beautiful! The Council did an amazing job making this event so special for the award recipients. What impacted me personally was a presentation that they made half way through the event that highlighted how much work needs to be done to improve the foster care system. I cannot even imagine being totally on my own at eighteen without my family to rely on. This is what happens to many children who are of age and leave the foster care system. The NCFA is an organization that is a champion for these children. If you would like to donate or just be more informed....here is a link to their website: