Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Erin and Brandon-a 1940's inspired wedding-Columbus, Ohio

So you may remember Erin and Brandon's super fun 1940's inspired engagement session last summer.   Well this summer their super fun 40's inspired wedding took place!  Erin and I became fast friends.  She is such a sweet, genuine person.  I had the opportunity to see her much more over the past year since Brandon was on deployment with the Navy.  The two had a little less than a month together before their June 4th wedding.  Brandon actually had to leave for a year of duty the day after their wedding.  I can't even imagine how bittersweet certain moments of their wedding must have been. I think it really made them focus on every moment.  This could be part of the reason that my very favorite images from Erin and Brandon's wedding were of their ceremony. So many times as a photographer, I plan and plan poses and locations and light.  All that planning makes for great images and is so much fun since my job is to make a wedding day look as magical as it feels to the couple.  But with Erin and Brandon the quiet moments of them being so happy that this day had finally arrived and that they were actually together were the greatest images of their day.  I hope they always feel this deeply in love.  We wish Brandon safe return and years of happiness with his beautiful bride!